Thursday, October 21, 2010

China Glaze "For Audrey" and Incorrect Descriptions Thereof...

I see a lot of people online talking about how "For Audrey" is a "perfect Tiffany blue!" or "the exact color of a Tiffany's box!"

BULL HONK!

Now, you may or may not be aware that Tiffany & Co. actually own that color blue. As in, no one else may replicate that exact color. But the moment I saw "For Audrey" in person, I realized that no way, no how, was it in danger of infringing upon their trademark.

In the interest of science (nail polish can be science, right?) I thought I would put "For Audrey" to the test:

In the bottle, they look pretty close. Let's compare on the nail. More accurately, on the nail wheel:
Next to those other blues, it looks pretty close. Still, you can really see how much darker the color is than actual Tiffany blue.

There was really only one way to see the difference without a doubt. I had to put the polish on the box:

See? This is dry, so it's not like the moisture darkened the color or anything.

I'm sure you're saying to yourself, "Mommy, that polish came out in 2007. You're just figuring this out now?" Well, no. It was just brought to my attention today, because R.E.I.T. and I needed to find a new solution for storing our stash:


What better place to store our precious jewels than a Tiffany & Co. box?

5 comments:

  1. I don't have For Audrey, but I want it soo bad! I think it's a polish you just need to have. What a cute idea to put your nailpolish in a Tiffany box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Honestly, it doesn't even hold all of it... but it's better than the two Easter baskets I'd been using!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive always wanted this! and the color could look different on a nail verse the blue box background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I didn't have time to do an on-the-nail comparison (as I was doing this at the same time I was doing my purple nails from the last post), but it still comes off somewhat darker. But it's all in fun, they can't actually match the blue or the wrath of Tiffany & Co. will rain down on them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. My what a big Tiffany box you have!

    ReplyDelete